Due to the overwhelming success of the first Hack Day, TriLUG is doing it again: Hack Day No.2.
Hack Days are kind of like an install fest, where members come together face to face to share ideas and lend a helping hand. The theme for this hack day will be on running Linux (OpenWRT) on Wireless Routers. We ran out of time at the last Hack Day, so let's do it again.
Please add your router to the table on the OpenWRT Hack Day wiki.
Date: The hack day will be on Saturday 10th March 2012. All day. 10am - 5pm
The activities for the day include:
- installing OpenWRT firmware (linux) on peoples routers
- learn some embedded linux skills
- build and customizing OpenWRT packages
- take apart routers to add serial ports and other electronics
- fix bricked and broken routers if we can
What to Bring
- laptop/desktop for building and deploying code
- wireless router or other funky equipment to run OpenWRT
- CAT5 network cable
- serial cables, usb-serial adapters, jtag pods