Topic: TriLUG Website Modernization and Upcoming Election
Presenter: Jeff Moore, Chair, TriLUG
When: Thursday, 12 May 2022 - 7:00 to 9:00pm
Where: Online, Jitsi
Video: Will not be Recorded
The Steering Committee is working on moving the TriLUG website from being hosted locally to a free, hosted solution. In this presentation, Jeff Moore will show off his process evaluating solutions for a maintenance free, hosted static site generator (SSG).
Additionally, elections will be held next month. If you are interested, please either leave a comment on our Meetup page and mailing list (email@example.com) after reading https://trilug.org/policies/
The roles and their functional summaries can be found below:
- Chair: Responsible for meeting agenda and running meetings
- Vice Chair: Responsible for responsibilities of the Chair when the Chair is not available
- Treasurer: Responsible for
- PR Officer: Responsible for marketing and promoting TriLUG to external parties and for public relations
- SysAdmin: Responsible for TriLUG infrastructure including services thereon
Here are some current projects the current Steering Committee are either working on or thinking of working on during the 2022 - 2023 term:
- Migrating trilug.org to a free, hosted solution
- Updating mail server
- Securing speakers for the year
- Re-instating TriChug independent of the current meeting format
- Finding more sponsors
- Website overhaul (Jekyll)
- Wiki cleanup
- Membership automation improvements
- Something with Github Actions
- Making TriLUG more accessible to future Steering Committees
- Re-introducing meeting note automation on our libera.chat channel #trilug-business
- Adding analytics to see page view metrics
If any of those sound like fun projects, feel free to either run for one of the seats or volunteer to help with one of the projects!
At the end of the day, every role is responsible for helping maintain the health of TriLUG and helping grow it.
Give it a shot!
The meeting link is https://meet.jit.si/TriLUG. If prompted, the meeting password is TriLUG.
TriLUG Members Like YOU! Thank you! Feel free to donate at our Square page at https://square.link/u/h5RAZdoT