Topic: Elections and maybe something else
When: Thursday, 09 July 2020 - 6:45pm to 9:00pm
Where: Online, Jitsi
Parking: Wherever you go, there you are
Map: Video: Will Not be Recorded
Speaker notes N/A
As announced last month and on the trilug list, today we will be having the steering committee election. All positions are up to grab and we do need to fill them up!
Because of the COVID-19 thing we will need to look carefully at our bylaws and ignore them: voting will be virtual. Probably something like create a google questionnaire thingie and then put the people there. And then you select all the people you want (maybe an AYE/NAY checkbox?).
As you can guess by now, we will be doing this as we go: so far we have 2 people applying but have 5 positions. I do not think there will be much fighting for positions, but we do need to document the election.
Jitsi link will be provided later.
WHAT DO WE NEED
- Candidates! There are 5 positions (https://trilug.org/about-steering/) and we need at least 5 bodies (this is not federal, state, or local elections, so they all have to be alive). Want to be an officer? Nominate yourself. Or nominate someone you like... or not. If you have served and want a change in your position, again.
If you want to be a candidate, make sure you can commit the time and effort. Also, it takes a team to make this work.
No Experience Necessary besides a desire to help the trilug community and learn something (something; don't ask me complicate questions). It is actually a great experience; we will help you out.
What does the steering committee do?
- plan meeting topics and meeting logistics
- keep our server-farm-of-one up-to-date and running
- solicit donations from sponsors, offer some value in return
- the drudgery of paperwork (bank, 501(3)c, etc).
Bottom line is it takes a team to make trilug to work. Without it there is no trilug.
Speech or something. I know things are interesting but it would be nice if people knew you existed if you are a candidate. Remember: when you don't you end up with someone like me.
Dates. Since we are still in online mode, let's shoot for election in July. We can use our meetup page and/or website to post about the candidates.
Some way to do the voting. I am open for discussion. I would like to limit the number of dead people voting to a minimum; this is not normal politics but just electing the trilug steering committee.
Every single position is fair game.
Floor's open after we do voting. If you want to
TriLUG Members Like YOU! Thank you!