[Dev] Reading Circle

dev@trilug.org dev@trilug.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:33:27 -0500

Cool.. so far it looks like we have at least some interest from at least:

myself
Mike Mueller
Brent Verner
Matthew Todd
John Davis

as well as a co-worker of mine, and a guy I go to school with.  That makes,
uhhh, 7.  That seems like a sufficient number to me.
I guess the next step is to settle on three key things: location, date(s)
and time.  We might also need to take our discussion offline
since I'm not *sure* this is technically on-topic for this list.  It's
about development, granted.. but there's nothing Linux specific
about Design Patterns...

Course, I guess we could argue that it's on topic, because our next book
might be "GNU C++ for Linux" or something. :-)

Anyway;...  what do you all want to do about date, time and location?  As
far as date(s) go, I'm pretty much limited
to weekends, because I have class at Wake Tech, Monday thru Friday.  So,
Sat. or Sun is my only real option.
I don't really have a preference.  Whatever everybody else wants, is good
with me....

Location isn't a big deal to me... I'll happily drive a decent distance, to
make our meeting point somewhere
central for everyone.  I figure we have a few choices for meeting place:
somebody's house, somebody's office,
a public place like a library or bookstore, or, uhmm... well, that's about
it I guess.  Anybody got any suggestions
or want to volunteer a spot?

Time isn't really an issue for me either, except I'm not much of a morning
person. So,  I hope not too many
people want to meet too awfully early....  I especially like to sleep in on
Saturday. :-)

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the thing...  let's put our heads together
and see if we can come up with something
to accomodate everybody.

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes@vdsinc.com

America is at war with Afghanistan.  America has always been at war with
Afghanistan.  Russia is our ally.  Russia has always been our ally.

Read Orwell's 1984.  Read a newspaper.  Fear the future.

The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty
is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson Speech in New York, September 9, 1912

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

                    "Matthew Todd"
                    <matthew.todd@alumni        To:     <dev@trilug.org>
                    .duke.edu>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: [Dev] Reading Circle
                    dev-admin@trilug.org

                    02/14/02 05:45 PM
                    Please respond to
                    dev