[Dev] Reading circle

Brent Verner dev@trilug.org
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:53:46 -0500

[2002-03-08 22:43] Bill Vinson said:
| I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow.  I am hoping to come, but the
| further I got into the reading the more I realized how lacking my
| object-oriented knowledge is.  I think this may be a little over my head
| to the point that I can't keep up just b/c I don't code anything oo
| really yet.  Could you send me directions and I will keep
| reading...Maybe by tomorrow I will feel better :)  I believe it isn't
| the complexity of the book, which isn't that bad, but more I am having a
| tough time thinking in an oo way.  Might be better for me to spend my
| time on getting up to speed with C++ and join the group with the next
| book...

try python or ruby for quick OO learning, or even java.  c++ is a bad
language for someone to learn OO with, IMO.  yes, other languages
lack various/some OO features, but ISTM that this lack of feature
would be better to learn with than all the shotguns-at-feet features
in c++.

my .02,

PS -- come on out.  I haven't had time to (re)-read chapter(s), and I'm
sure I'll be lost on the details of the chapter.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman