[Dev] C++ book recommendations

John F Davis dev@trilug.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:19:08 -0500

Hello

I'm a fan of Bruce Eckel books:

Thinking in C++
and
C++ inside and out.

JD

"M. Mueller (bhu5nji)" <bhu5nji@yahoo.com>@trilug.org on 03/18/2002
11:13:31 PM

Please respond to dev@trilug.org

Sent by:    dev-admin@trilug.org

To:    dev@trilug.org
cc:
Subject:    [Dev] C++ book recommendations

Any recommendations on C++ books?  Something that describes the gears and
pulleys as well as the function. I have Stroustroup from way back when.

I was working with a base class last Friday that had no virtual destructor.
It wasn't a problem until I added some private data items to the derived
class.  Then the compiler started complaining.  I searched the web and
gained
a rudimentary understanding of the problem and I found a solution to the
problem.  Now I want to have a solid understanding of that problem and
solution.
--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.