[Hosting] Hosting update

hosting@trilug.org hosting@trilug.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:35:19 -0400

>  This would be ideal since Jon's
>  company's network is on a completely separate network
>   from ours.  I think this would be a great use of these
>   machines.  Thoughts?

I haven't been all that active (reading or posting) on the lists in a few
months, so maybe I'm behind the times.. but I thought one of the goals
of this whole idea of Tri-LUG hosting was to provide hosting
for local open-source projects, sort-of like a local version of
SourceForge?

If that's still in the works, we'll need hardware to support that. I
recall discussions of a build farm (for x-platform building of projects),
an bug database (bugzilla or something along those lines), etc....

If, on the other hand, those ideas have already been scrapped, then
please dis-regard this message...

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes@vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their
revolutionary right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson