[Linux-ham] new equipment tips and hamfest

Jeremy Portzer linux-ham@trilug.org
15 Jul 2003 16:27:31 -0400

--=-2dryicUYqUTpovJPVEO3

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 15:33, Robert Rousseau wrote:

> I also have a 25-channel hand-held scanner that I use for
> railfanning.  But I want something that can hold at least 200-300
> channels, so I can program 100 of the railroad channels into one bank
> for scanning.

Except that there aren't more than 5 or 6 railroad channels used in the
whole area anyway... and there are only about 60 railroad channels total
in the US.

>   Or would I be better off with just another scanner for that?
>     Is TriLug planning to have a booth at the Cary Hamfest?

Yes, there will be a booth at the hamfest (see http://trilug.org/ ).  We
will be distributing Linux CDs, demonstrating a Linux computer,
answering questions, etc.

To re-ask a question I asked before some of you were joined:  what ham
radio programs are available for Linux that we could put on a CD to give
out?  I think this would be a nice 'value-add' that wouldn't be too hard
to do, if there are any such programs.

--Jeremy

--=20
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp@pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |