[Linux-ham] Has the list died?

Errol Casey linux-ham@trilug.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:21:16 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:57:01AM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>

> >In ham news, I see from http://www.qrz.com/ that there has been a
> >petition formally filed to remove the morse code test requirement for
> >certain (all?) amateur license classes.  I wonder when this will take
> >effect if it goes through?

Well, what does everyone thingn of this?

It's always a hot topic. I have  my extra license, and have not
used CW on the air ever. I was so happy to get 20WPM on the test,
but I've never had a like for it.

Do others on the list actually use CW? I would much rather talk to
someone.  It is amazing to watch someone carry on a conversation with
CW. I've visited folks that ran traffic nets in cw, and that is amazing.
It does go faster than voice traffic nets.