[linux-ham] ham to web (Tim), Winlink based ?

Tim web1 at autonomechs.com
Wed Oct 13 14:34:07 EDT 2004

Neat.

I'm not going to worry about operating system exclusivity :)  Windoze
is fine.  Mac is fine. BeOS might be a stretch.  I'm doing everything I
can to make systems that have no operating system requirement for the
end user.  I don't mind making the central server mac/windows/linux, as
long as the clients can be happy and free.

Anybody do anything with APRS and position tracking?  I'm trying to get
some real experienced people to tell me the low down on the good and
the bad.  For example, what is the cheapest way to put a tracking asset
onto a person and get location back, and what is the server side
required?

I build small circuits that transmit information on vitals, chemicals
detected, etc, and can transmit over a serial link or 10baseT.  If I
have a 3 wire serial link, and a small circuit, how can I utilize Ham
Radio to get extended operating ranges and move the data back?  And how
can multiple stations work simultaneously?

Many Thanks.  Nice to meet some cyber ham guys.
Tim