[Linux-ham] NC state amateur radio tags

KI4OTK ki4otk at yonderway.com
Mon Jul 24 21:18:37 EDT 2006

I just got a "new" (to me) truck and had to do some digging but found
that NC does indeed have Amateur Radio license plates available.  They
aren't well-advertised on the NC DMV web site, and they aren't even well
known by the workers at the DMV office.  I learned about it from the
ARRL web site so was able to be persistent at the DMV office.  At first
she didn't want to give them to me because they weren't showing up in
the computer but she asked around and found the right place to look and
I got it anyway.

Cost is $10 more than a regular registration and includes your
callsign.  Regular personalized tags with a callsign would have been
about $30 over regular price so this was cheaper.  They do allow a
suffix if you have more than one car with amateur radio tags.