[Linux-ham] Roll up J-pole

Peter Grace kb1cvh at arrl.net
Tue May 16 14:36:17 EDT 2006

I would think it would have a negative effect on your radio and the antenna.
The antenna generally should present a 50 ohm impedance to the radio.
With the RG-59 coax instead of RG-8X or Belden 9913 or better 50 ohm coax, I
suspect that the impediance mismatch will cause the SWR to be non-optimal.

Of course, I'm willing to learn from someone more knowledgable.
--
Peter Grace 	kb1cvh at arrl.net           GPG/PGP KeyID: D758F3EF
Workflow and information systems manager with recent experience with Hyperion