[Linux-ham] Electronics with Lead-free solder problems

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Fri Feb 22 20:10:07 EST 2008

I too agree that lead-free solder doesn't handle as well.  If you are
still looking for a good source of the stuff, Jameco is still carrying a
good collection:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&categoryId=602050

This gets me to another discussion -- like Don mentions below, I much
prefer 63/37 (PB/SN %) over the more common 60/40, especially for fine
surface-mount work.  What are your opinions of various formulas and
sizes of solder for various types of work?

- sgh

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA