[Linux-ham] Linux and Ham Radio at OLF 2013

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Thu Aug 8 14:24:31 EDT 2013

My talk "Linux and Amateur Radio: Linking Communities" was accepted for
Ohio LinuxFest this year. The abstract submitted:

Before there was Linux and the Open Source communities, amateur radio
operators were tinkering with homebrew rigs and sharing that knowledge
with their peers. From schematics to source code and back again, the
maker communities of today build on the lessons learned from past
experimenters. Come see a little of what amateur radio was like, and how
these two communities are now intertwined as we build a future of open
communications mediums to link the world.

If you have any ideas, anecdotes, etc. you think I should include,
please let me know.

73 de Kevin, N8VNR