[Linux-ham] Recent RARS hamfest

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Mon Apr 28 20:18:49 EDT 2014

Thanks Scott.

One of my brothers owns a precision machining company in Virginia. He has
more than one CNC machine.  I helped him get the company going in the mid
60's., so he owes me at least a cnc created name tag.

Thanks for the thoughts. A copper clad pc board, a fine point resist pen
could create a novel name tag as well.

Even 3d printers could make fantastic ID badge.

Main idea behind my nametag was CHEAP.

jcj KK4VUS -- SKYWARN weather spotter

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Scott G. Hall <scott at hallcomm-inc.com>wrote:

>  You can also employ a DIY CNC machine to make one.  Some of the guys at
> Splat*Space have built CNC machines that they use to carve off copper
> coating to make PC boards, and to carve into 2-color styrene panels to make
> signs and badges.  You can then use any font you like and embellish however
> you want.  Something like a ShopBot might be a bit big and too costly to
> rent time on (like the one over at Raleigh Makerspace).
>

> On 04/23/2014 11:13 AM, Kevin Otte wrote:
>
> Yes, it's fairly traditional to have something with your callsign and name
> on it, possibly an org affiliation. Some people have it on their hat. Some
> have engraved name tags. Nowadays some even have LED name badges.
>
> 73 de Kevin N8VNR
>
> On 04/23/2014 10:23 AM, James Jones wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I attended the recent RARS Hamfest at the State Fairgrounds. Meet a
> bunch of people, saw a few friends, and attended two of the classes.
>
> Question -- Is it common to wear some sort of nametag at those Fests? I
> notice a lot with ham ID badges on their clothing. Usually the ID was
> personalize so I assume they were not FEST issued.
>

> --
> Scott G. Hall
> Owner & Chief Engineer
> Hall Communications
> Raleigh, NC, USAScott at HallComm-Inc.Com

Jc Jones
Blogs -
http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/
http://www.wendellgeek.com/kixtech/