[Linux-ham] packet radio -- resurrecting equipment

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Thu Jan 16 22:19:02 EST 2014

Annoying that QRZ still shows me in BG since I haven't lived there in 11
years AND I have no way of changing that information. My grid square is
FM06KB and you can probably find an old station report on aprs.fi. The
147.225 repeater (also an APRS object) is about 0.7mi from my QTH.

Plugged an HT into the outside antenna so I can test both 2m and 440.
The base rig I have plugged into the TNC at the moment is 2m only.

Can hit 145.19. I can hear it about half scale but not too much noise.
Couldn't hit 443.625.

The Chapel Hill repeaters are no problem at all.

I can kerchunk the Ashboro repeater with the HT but can't really hold
it. Hearing it an S1.

73 de Kevin N8VNR