[Linux-ham] packet radio -- resurrecting equipment

Tadd Torborg tadd at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 23:51:03 EST 2014

Kevin and I had a nice conversation tonight on 442.15 repeater and 28.450 SSB.  The short of it to all the other readers is that Kevin and I could not talk on VHF between our houses but we could talk on 10m SSB with 50+ watts.
I’m very sure that we can find a site in between us that both of us could reach.

This is an interesting map.  Best if enlarged to 1080 pixels top to bottom.  It shows the hams that I think may be interested in making something happen with a first cut Amateur Radio packet network.

http://tinyurl.com/taddmap2014

Tadd Torborg
tadd at mac.com