[Linux-ham] rarsfest

Ken Kuzenski ken.kuzenski at duke.edu
Mon Feb 22 09:37:05 EST 2016

> 44th Annual RARSFest and
> ARRL NC Section Convention
> 8AM-3:30PM   Saturday April 2, 2016
> http://www.rars.org/rarsfest/
> Shout out if you'll be there and what deals you're looking for.
> I'm looking for better power wire management for my various radios.
> 73 de N8VNR

I'll be there!  I don't need anything in particular, can't afford anything, and don't have room to put anything new. :-)  But I'll be there.   If nothing else, it's fun to be among "our tribe" in a big gathering.  Seeing all the antenna-festooned cars in the lot, trading greetings and chat, seeing what's for sale ... and usually, buying at least one thing I don't need, can't afford, and don't have room for.  ;-)

A half-dozen years ago I bought a table at RARSfest and brought a bunch of stuff I didn't want.  Lots of it (two floor-standing antique radios, a defunct HT, an old movie projector, a photo enlarger) was free.  And the stuff I did ask money for must have been grossly underpriced, because most of it sold to other sellers, before the doors opened to the general public. :-)  I need to get a table again one year soon, and clear out some more junk ... ah, some more valuable vintage equipment.  ;-)  --ken ac4rd