[Trilug-announce] TriLUG presents RPM and Package Management

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Wed Aug 11 15:03:07 EDT 2004

To all my devoted fans, I apologize that my prose will not be as
diverting as previous episodes, my vacation wore me out last week.  If
you really want some sillyness, I suggest Dilbert, Fox Trot or similar.

There are three TriLUG events that I'd like to bring to your attention.

The next TriLUG meeting will be 7:00 PM, Thursday August 12, 2004 in
Dreyfus Auditorium.  Our presenter will be Jeff Johnson: chieftain of
the RPM project.  He will be discussing RPM and Package Management, i.e.
yum, apt, portage, urpmi, etc.  He may also talk about his PDR efforts
(a portable source package format for reliably building/rebuilding
binaries).  This will be an open discussion presentation, so bring your
questions, comments, and suggestions.  He should be bringing his GPG key
as well for signing.  See the web site for directions.

Also, Saturday August 14 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Jeremy Portzer, our
own high muckety-muck, will be presenting a course on basic shell
scripting.  Programming experience is not required, but some familiarity
with the command line is.  The course will be held at Global Knowledge
once again.  Directions are available at http://www.trilug.org.

Our next InstallFest will be September 19.  More information is on the
website.

All TriLUG produced meetings and events are free and open to the public.
  Membership in TriLUG is also free, and can be obtained at most any
TriLUG event.  TriLUG is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

Sincerely,
Joseph Tate
Publicity Chairman