[TriLUG-announce] Announcing the inaugural TriLUG survey!

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Tue Apr 26 16:00:19 EDT 2011

TriLUG members and non-members alike,

Exciting times are at hand!

As one might guess from the subject of this announcement, the TriLUG
Steering Committee is unleashing its first experiment in the realm of
data and demographics.  We have carefully crafted our inaugural online
survey, one which we hope will reveal who our constituents are and how
they feel about TriLUG.

Since we believe in open source and value your privacy, and thanks to
the excellent LimeSurvey project, our survey is entirely hosted on
TriLUG hardware.  Your responses are anonymous and will not be shared
with third parties.  That said, please refrain from abusing your
anonymity to the detriment of our efforts.

This is not an excessively long survey.  However, you may want to set
aside 15-20 minutes just to be safe.  If you get interrupted, there is
a button to save and resume later at the bottom of each question.

Though it should go without saying, survey participation is entirely
voluntary.  We don't know who you are, so no one will hold it against
you if you roll your eyes and delete this message.  But if you are
willing to help TriLUG become the best LUG ever, follow the link below
to begin...

  http://survey.trilug.org/index.php?sid=69548

This survey will be active for approximately 30 days, so don't miss
your chance to be heard.  Shortly after it closes, we hope to publish
a summary of the responses for all to see.

Any questions or concerns should be sent to the Steering Committee
(steering at trilug.org).  Thank you in advance for your participation!

 - Jeff  (The Steering Committee Numbers Guy)