[TriLUG-announce] nom-nom-nominations

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu May 5 22:21:18 EDT 2011

All right, gang... we've got one week before the May TriLUG
meeting, and that means one week to nominate yourself or your
friends to be on the TriLUG steering committee.

Announce your intentions here on the mailing list, or even
better, on the wiki.

http://trilug.org/wiki/Steering_Committee_2011-2012_Nominations

Being on the steering committee is all about making a modest
commitment to help keep the LUG running smoothly.  It only
takes a little bit of time -- usually a weekly IRC meeting,
some occasional administrative work like sending emails and
tending to nagging issues.  But mostly, it involves keeping
your radar tuned for finding interesting speakers and topics
(which, by the way, would be a great habit for everyone in
the LUG).

The open source community has many needs... it doesn't just
run on your mad coding skillz... it also take a little PR work
and community-building.  Being on the LUG steering committee
is a good way to give back to the community.

Add your name to the list... or add a friend's name.

At next week's meeting, all of the nominees (and any floor
nominations) will be given a minute or two to give a stump
speech, and then the madness of elections will begin while
Jeremy teaches us about LDAP.  I hope to see you there.

Alan Porter
2008-2009 SC member
2009-2011 SC chair