[TriLUG-announce] MAINTENANCE OUTAGE of trilug.org Sat Nov 12

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Nov 12 16:06:01 EST 2011

It took a little longer than we had hoped, but pilot is
now back online.  Our web sites, email and shell services
are running.

If you notice anything wonky, let me or Cristóbal know.

The delays were related to a few "learning experiences".
(1) A "Live DVD" can not be booted on a CD-only drive.
(2) Those little stickers on the hard disks don't always
match the actual device numbers of the drives.
(3) When the VGA console stops showing boot-up messages,
it's not stuck... the messages are going to the serial
console.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀