[TriLUG-announce] TriLUG outage, HEARTBLEED edition -- Thu Apr 10 10:00:00 EDT 2014

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed Apr 9 20:45:03 EDT 2014

pilot.trilug.org, the host that provides www.trilug.org,
login.trilug.org, and other TriLUG services such as mailing lists will
be rebooted at the following date and time:

  Thu Apr 10 10:00:00 EDT 2014

If for some reason you are not in the RDU area and would like to see
this time in your local zone, you may use:

On Linux-based OSes:
  date -d "Thu Apr 10 10:00:00 EDT 2014"

On Mac OS X:
  date -j -f "%s" "1397138400" "%a %b %d %T %Z %Y"

to display the date. The downtime is expected to last no more than 15
minutes, but a half hour maintenance window has been reserved. The
following TriLUG/NCSA services are affected:

 * mail
 * mailman mailing lists
 * websites (apache vhosts)
 * login shells and screen sessions

Please contact me off-list if this maintenance poses a severe burden.
I'm happy to provide a refund where applicable.

As an aside, the openssl update was already applied and services
restarted, but various users are running applications that are using the
old libraries, and this is reboot will cull the stragglers. Certificates have
not yet been replaced, so the truly paranoid may wish to hold off on
connecting to pilot until we send another announcement that all certs
have been replaced. Note that SSH is not affected.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
cmpalmer.org