[Trilug-ontopic] Free text editor with good XML support?

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 12:56:47 EDT 2007

I'm looking at this:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/

and feeling guilty for even doing so. It's not Free in any way, shape
or form. The deal is that I've seen this editor in action, and if you
have to work with XML, it's pretty sweet. I've been using nxml-mode in
emacs, and it's decent, but doesn't come anywhere close to, for
example:

http://www.jedit.org/

with the XML plugin. It will do word completion like OO.org does,
shows you where your matching tag is intuitively... but in many ways
jedit is clunky and ugly. If nxml-mode just had the dynamic
highlighting to show matching tags and the tag completion...

I guess my question is: are people using something sweet and open
source to edit XML? Lemme know...

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: