[Trilug-ontopic] need to program a series of LED lights

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:19:54 EST 2008

Nuts & Volts had a recent project on this in either the last issue or the
issue before last - they used a microcontroller and to me, it looked overly
complex.

If you've got the Linux box - do you need to add the microcontroller? You
may be able to do it all via a little program driving the parallel port with
some decoders to drive multiple sequences.

In addition, one key factor will be how many leds you wish to drive and how
many different "chains" of them you wish to control independantly.

And no, I've never done anything like this - just speculation on my part.

- Craig Taylor