[Trilug-ontopic] Anyone have info on Ubuntu local disk persistent usbkey home dir?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 13:53:07 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 06:09:17PM -0500, Mike Shaw wrote:
>> Anyone have a persistent home setup on a Ubuntu harddrive installed
>> system that they feel sharing config details, i.e. the system is
>> installed on the local disk but I want my home on a usbkey?
>
> I presume that you have considered the speed and durability issues of
> using a USB memory stick?

Yep - but plan to keep an extra copy on a another key - kind of a
weekly backup thing.  I'm mainly wanting to keep my home dir setting
so I do have to always try to redo things at home that I did at work,
i.e. added a neat kde setting today - note to self, do this at home.

l8r,

Mike
---
BosWars(http://www.boswars.org/) - a futuristic real time strategy game (RTS).