[TriLUG] Yellow Dog Troubles

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Aug 9 12:32:12 EDT 2001

John Matthews [jvm at linuxgames.com] wrote:
> I have been unable to burn a bootable CD-R of Yellow Dog Linux from the
> .iso images I found online. If anyone has a copy or can burn a copy
> (must be bootable on a Mac) then I'll gladly trade blank media and/or
> moolah for them at the meeting tonight. (Email me:
> jvmatthe at math.duke.edu )

I can bring a set of disks we made here to play with it on an inherited
iMac, I doubt we'll need them again...

> The story so far...
> Has anyone tried burning CD-Rs of the YDL .iso images available online?
> It could just be me and my Mac, but my impression is that they aren't
> actually hybrid images. And the mkINSTALLCD script that they provide is

I burned ours with Nero Burning Rom as an ISO ("raw" mode, I think), and
had no problems...

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/