[TriLUG] IPSEC, VPN question

Steven Lee StleeStv at netscape.net
Tue Aug 14 18:08:47 EDT 2001

Has anyone set up a firewall with Kernel 2.4.5 that uses IPSEC?

In a week or so I plan to play around with FreeS/WAN and see if I can't set up server-server VPN tunnel on a LAN, if that works, Ill run over to a friends house and see if I can get it to work over the internet.

Part of it is recompiling the kernel to work with IPSEC. I havn't had a chance to look into it much and would appreciate a few pointers.

I most likely will use Redhat 7.1 although I have a copy of Slackware 8.0 and may go that route.

Steve