[TriLUG] Wireless networking, still

Mark Pilgrim f8dy at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 22:57:32 EDT 2001

Thank you Kevin for your directions.  However, I still can not get it
to work, and I think I know why:

I have two network cards.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I still have the
on-board ethernet card (which Redhat 7.1 installer correctly configured
-- I ran a cable (grin) from the router to the on-board jack and it
worked automagically).  The PCMCIA card is sitting in a PCI adapter and
is the *second* network card, and I have no idea how to set up two
network cards.  I set up wireless.opts as you suggested, but when I
insert the card nothing happens; no beep, nothing.  When I run
"cardmgr", a message shows up in /var/log/messages that pcmcia is not
in /proc/devices.  What else do I have to do?

Thanks again.

-Mark