Personal Information ( was: "[TriLUG] educator's discount at b&n?" )

Donald Ball balld at webslingerZ.com
Tue Aug 21 14:42:10 EDT 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 prhodes at vdsinc.com wrote:

> The only people allowed access to member
> information are the ... and the
> state, shoudl(sic) they ask for it.
>
> Fixing this requires fixing the AoI, but I like it the way it stands,
>
> Why the state?  As far as I'm concerned, the state has absolutely NO
> business knowing what organization(s) I'm a part of. Unless, of course,
> that organization pays me a salary and has to report tax withholding.
>
> In my opinion, the only way that any one's personal info should be released
> to the state, should be if it's subpoena'd for evidence in court.

afaik, that bit is in there so that trilug can be a registered non-profit
organization in the state of nc. the state has to be able to verify that a
certain percentage of trilug's members are residents of the state.

- donald