[TriLUG] Switch/Business Recommendations?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Aug 22 08:57:43 EDT 2001

Donnie R. Shelton [drshelto at eos.ncsu.edu] wrote:
> Today my company is going to be getting a full T1. I am so excited, that I
> cannot bear the thought of not hooking our office up today. Can anyone
> recommend a business in the Triangle that sells switches that has CSU/DSU
> capability? Further more, can anyone recommend a switch that they
> particularly attached to.

I'm assuming you mean router.  One of my favorites for this is the
Cisco 2600 series.  They're modular routers with one (or two) LAN
ports and two open slots for additional cards.  One of the cards you
can get is a CSU/DSU card.  We had one of these at my last company
and it worked like a champ.  As for who has one locally?  No clue.

For locality, check out Stay Online and see if they have any
Sangoma WANPipe cards.  They're basicly CSU/DSUs on a PCI card
that you put in a Linux box.  I know they've stocked some Sangoma
stuff in the past.

You might be best off waiting a day and ordering your stuff online
and having it shipped FedEx.

Mike
--
Never trust a man who puts anything other than a finger up his nose. - _Snatch_