[TriLUG] KDE 2.2 upgrade jitters

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Aug 24 14:30:56 EDT 2001

On Friday 24 August 2001 11:17 pm, Tom Bryan wrote:

> KBuildsycoca
> KBuildsycoca is a command line program and regenerates the so-called
> KSycoca. This is for example useful if some or all modules in KControl are
> missing. See also: KSyCoCa
> That doesn't really tell me much, unless the reinstall of kdelibs skipped
> running the kbuildsycoca because it was created with the initial (failed)
> install and the system configuration cache is corrupt.

Actually, it looks like KDE really needs the KSyCoCa, and running
kbuildsycoca by hand causes a core dump on the Pentium box and not on the
Athalon box.  Ick.  I'll probably try grabbing the kdelibs source tomorrow
and compiling it myself.  If anyone succeeds at such a thing, then please
send me e-mail.

---Tom