[TriLUG] Roadrunner access

Donald Ball balld at webslingerZ.com
Tue Sep 4 21:13:48 EDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Tom Bryan wrote:

> I think that I've finally decided to sign up for RoadRunner if they offer it
> in my area (20 miles outside of Raleigh, no DSL here).  Before I make the
> plunge, is there anything about the Triangle's cable modem access that I
> should know.  I'm sure I'll be back soon to ask questions about
> configuration, security, etc.  I'm sure that I'm going to get minimal support
> from TW judging by this page: http://www.nc.rr.com/rr/qualify/default.htm

roadrunner tech support is a joke, a farce, a complete waste of time. the
service itself is tolerable, ~98% uptime for me. no problems with linux or
the little black firewall 'routers'. they will insist on calling the
bridge they lease you a cable 'modem' despite the fact that it does not
modulate or demodulate, but what do you expect?

- donald

(naturally, as i was writing this message, my roadrunner connection died
for five minutes. cute.)