[TriLUG] Roadrunner access

Craig Duncan craigduncan at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 4 22:57:17 EDT 2001

RR support is only as good as your perspective. If you actually expect them
to know anything about your network, forget it, that's your problem (and
mine), and one that you should welcome. If RR keeps a live connection to the
"modem" (consider it a generic term, rather than a factual descriptor) for
97+% of the time, I suspect you have better than average Internet service.

My experience with RR support has been very positive, even when the other
week my service was completely down - and as such so was the business that I
run from home. From placing my initial call to tech support, to the
technician leaving my home after fixing the faulty amplifier in the cable
junction box, took only a few seconds over 2 hours. If you can get better
response times from another provider, good luck. Granted I do pay for a
business line and business service, but at least I get what I pay for.

I could go on, but I think you get my drift, perspective shapes everything.
What I would be interested in is if you would explain the experience(s) that
have made you so negative about RR's tech support. At least then we would be
able to give it a considered opinion rather than just dismiss it as
"annoyance".