[TriLUG] Configuring disks under Linux

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Mon Sep 24 23:22:27 EDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Tom Bryan wrote:

> The motherboard (ABit KT7A-RAID) book says that it's a VIA Apollo KT133A
> chipset.  (It also has a HighPoint HPT370 that I'm not currently using.

So you're using/need VIA options: CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y (in 2.4). I'm
also using that northbridge chipset.

> Believe it or not, I've run and maintained my boxes since 1998 without ever
> mucking with/recompiling the kernel. :)  How do I check that support for it
> is compiled into the kernel?

On my Debian sid machine, I do: `grep VIA
/boot/config-2.4.9-ac12`. Basically grep for "CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX" in
your kernel .config file. I believe most modern distros put it in /boot .

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc