[TriLUG] linux advice with an attitude

Russ Emerson russ at emersons.net
Wed Oct 3 01:01:54 EDT 2001

rpjday wrote:

>   if you have time to kill, check out unix guy rick moen's info
> page at linuxmafia.com/~rick, particularly the faq sub page.  learn
> why pine is bad and mutt is good. :-)  hear why rick does not
> apologize for being opinionated.

If you ever met Rick, you'd understand why he writes the way he does.
He sounds like he knows everything because he *does* know everything.  I
learned a lot from him when I was a newbie.  He's probably forgotten
more than many of us will ever know.

Well, he may not know *everything*, but he's the nearest approximation
I've ever met.  And he does know Everyone Important In Linux, which is
the next best thing.

Russ
--
Russ Emerson                            http://www.emersons.net/russ/
If I were creating a world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and