[TriLUG] stollen computer

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Wed Oct 3 15:01:28 EDT 2001

Haim Dimermanas wrote:

> VNC : http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
> Basically works like a multi platform PC Anywhere.

Ta!

>  How is surveilling your own computer a crime? I don't understand.

What proof is there that it's *his* computer?  It's not
in his possession.  If the chap in Reston complains to
the police, it could become a very sticky wicket indeed.
Don't cloud the evidence trail.  What he's done is sufficient;
from now on, it should be no more than ICMP until the FBI
opens a case and tells him to proceed.

BTW, everyone, don't be surprised if we don't hear much
about this until the conclusion; the FBI might give him
a 'gag request' to keep details out of public fora.
--
#ken	P-)}