[TriLUG] IMAP problem

jeremyp at pobox.com jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 11 10:56:41 EDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Michael Sharp wrote:

> I added pandora.dynip.com to /etc/mail/relay-domains and rebuilt the
> sendmail.cf and this didnt work. Any ideas?

To clarify what Wade said, you need to add the USER's computer to the
relaying list.  If your remote user always has the same IP address, you
COULD use that; it's much better than allowing open relaying.  But
generally the user should send mail through his ISP or company SMTP
server, not your box anyway.  Have him set the appropriate From: address
in the mail software, and the recipients won't notice the difference,
unless they dig in the headers.

Hope that helps,
Jeremy