[TriLUG] RedHat Linux 7.2

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Oct 29 17:58:53 EST 2001

A Dilluns 29 Octubre 2001 12:06 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Sooo.. . has anyone ventured the inevitable and tried RH 7.2 or has
> everyone switched to mandrake ;-) ?  I'm especially interested in
> upgraders.. _______________________________________________

I have upgraded RedHat 6.2, 7.0, 7.01 and 7.1 to 7.2 in many languages.

The best results are from 7.x

Just backup your configuration files and your KDE user configuration files
(/home/*/.kde/*) just in case.

Then, select "upgrade existing installation". You will be prompted if you
want to change from etx2 to ext3 . I recommend you to upgrade: painless,
great, risk-free update.

ext3 RuleZ

After booting, check ocnfigurations (those *.rpmsave and *.rpmnew files and
anything customized by you in the /etc directory) and you'll be set and happy.

Try doing "cat /etc/redhat-release" and "uname -a" and enjoy your hability to
upgrade painlessnessly (what is the proper word for this?)

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.geocities.com/sinner_prairy/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068