Red Hat servers (was Re: [TriLUG] Fw: WinXP vs RH 7.2)

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 16:56:26 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Which of the ftp.redhat.com's is that? :)   The 63.240.14.x addresses
> tend to do a lot better in my experience.  But the ftp sites are still
> being hit extremely hard both due to the release and the sheer volume of
> errata which has been released recently

Yes, what is it with releasing all that errata at once?  I had about 40
messages from RHN arrive all at once... quite strange.  Actually, I was
wondering if Red Hat was having mail problems, as some of them appeared to
be several days old.  I also got an announcement for Red Hat Linux 7.2
last night, dated last Monday.  Anyone else notice this weird delay?

--Jeremy P.