Red Hat servers (was Re: [TriLUG] Fw: WinXP vs RH 7.2)

Jeremy Katz katzj at linuxpower.org
Fri Nov 2 16:51:03 EST 2001

On Friday, November 02 2001, Jeremy P said:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Which of the ftp.redhat.com's is that? :)   The 63.240.14.x addresses
> > tend to do a lot better in my experience.  But the ftp sites are still
> > being hit extremely hard both due to the release and the sheer volume of
> > errata which has been released recently
>
> Yes, what is it with releasing all that errata at once?  I had about 40
> messages from RHN arrive all at once... quite strange.  Actually, I was
> wondering if Red Hat was having mail problems, as some of them appeared to
> be several days old.  I also got an announcement for Red Hat Linux 7.2
> last night, dated last Monday.  Anyone else notice this weird delay?

Some of it is valid just ordinary clumping of errata due to QA resources
and such.  Also, there was a problem with messages to redhat-watch-list
not getting correctly approved automatically and they all got approved
yesterday.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj at linuxpower.org	| jlkatz at eos.ncsu.edu
http://linuxpower.org	| Developer, NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux
GPG fingerprint: 367E 8B6B 5E57 2BDB 972A 4D73 C83C B4E8 89FE 392D