[TriLUG] Re: Sawfish, Enlightenment.. any RH 7.1 WM

Karl J. Runge runge at karlrunge.com
Sun Nov 4 16:12:56 EST 2001

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar at golux.com> wrote:

> I really don't have a lot of time or energy to devote to
> figuring out and debugging this crap; I need a cookbook.
> Does anyone have any idea how I can tell either Sawfish
> or Enlightenment -- or some other easy option -- that I
> want two rxvt windows placed *here* in desktop 0, two
> placed *there* on desktop 1, and so on -- and have it
> remember all the pertinent details?

Why not do it the old fashioned way in your ~/.xinitrc shell script;
just write a little loop or two to launch the rxvts.  This separation
may help you from getting bitten the next time you change WM or GUI.

If you don't know what I am talking about for this "little loop" in
.xinitrc, just ask me.

Karl