[TriLUG] DirecTV DSL anyone?

Christopher Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Wed Nov 14 06:51:06 EST 2001

And I fourth it.  Unlike Time Warner they own't hang up on you when you
mention the L-word.  Their support is, of course, weirdly bad, but that's
because they are still in growth mode, and are signing up way more people
than one would if they were worried about support.

They've only had a few worrying problems from my viewpoint.  Some BellSouth
routing issues, which have been fixed, and other than that they've been doing
great.  (If you call tech support when there isn't a systemic problem, you
can talk to a living breathing being in about 45 seconds, so they have
people, just not enough for the big problems.)

Anyway, compared to the nightmare that is Bell South or Verizon DSL I can
recommend them.

(And I realize people here are having good experiences with Tiem Warner, but
I had nothing but trouble and when it wasn't broken it was slow.)

CJK