[TriLUG] fixed width font for editing

Donald Ball balld at webslingerZ.com
Thu Nov 15 15:19:11 EST 2001

i'm a diehard vim junkie. all i use X windows for is running rxvt's for
vim and mozilla or konqueror. and pine. anyway, lately, i've become
dissatisfied with the fixed width font that rxvt defaults to in
mandrake-8.1. font handling in X windows has always been a murky, scary
thing that i try to avoid. can anyone help me find a better font and
configure rxvt to use it? i'd like to know how to get a list of fixed
width fonts installed on my system, how to get the font strings for them,
and if anyone has any specific font recommendations. thanks.

- donald