[TriLUG] RE: recommendations for virtual hosting

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 30 14:28:02 EST 2001

How long ago did you start having this problem with Mindspring service?
Was it pre- or post-Earthlink merger?  I used to work at Mindspring, well
before the merger, and when I was there, the web hosting services were
pretty good, I thought.  (No, I wasn't in the web hosting support group)
I knew alot of the web hosting support guys, and they were pretty good
at their jobs, and very accomodating.  That was the Harrisburg call
center, at least.  I don't know what the quality was like in the Atlanta
or Phoenix call centers, or the Dallas or San Jose call centers after the
Netcom buyout, but I don't think it was really any worse.  I've heard
about alot more issues since the Earthlink merger, however.  I think that
their business services division is pretty lousy.  I've never dealt with
them personally, but it's testimonials like this that make me think that
things have gone way down hill over there.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer