[TriLUG] DNS lookup of Linux server fails intermittently (was: (no subject))

Geoffrey Douglas Purdy gdpurdy at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Nov 30 18:04:27 EST 2001

Apologies for omitting the subject on the original post.  It's been a
*long* day.

Kevin,

Thanks for the tips.  One of many theories we had discussed was a
competing DNS server or rogue DHCP server.  If nothing else, I can go into
the weekend fairly certain that this isn't my fault.  Unfortunately, this
is our first foray into a major project running on Linux / Apache instead
of Win / IIS.  Hence, I feel a need to do all I can to get things running
smoothly so that management doesn't associate Linux with 'weird problems'
and develop an aversion to future deployments on Linux.

Thanks a bunch.

Geoff