[TriLUG] rp3 on RH7.1___Dial-up config Script activation via sshd command prompt:call me lazy

Daniel Jerome me at danjerome.com
Mon Dec 3 20:38:30 EST 2001

I am having trouble figuring out how to activate the ppp0 (Cu 56k) via the
command line utilizing the config information which I created with the
Dial-up Config tool on my Redhat 7.1 box.  I would like to ssh locally into
my box which is running ipmasq for my network via ipchains.  I have too many
machines for one home office so I would like to run all my Linux boxes via
sshd from my fancy new comfortable Dell Wintel Box on occasion.  This puppy
came with a fat screen which I can run several ssh client instances and get
my regular work done at the same time.  I am tired of wheeling around and
flipping on monitors all the time.  All I ever do is open up the KDE
terminal anyways so I am trying to make things easy on myself by logging in.
Call me lazy.