[TriLUG] rp3 on RH7.1___Dial-up config Script activation via sshd command prompt:call me lazy

Michael Mueller bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 01:27:20 EST 2001

Daniel,

Or should I call you "Lazy" :-)? I can't offer any advice to you
right now, but I do share your goal, and I have a deadline to reach
the goal.  I was planning to access some remote boxes using SSH2 and
a "managed" port of entry from the Internet through a corporate
firewall.  Yesterday, I learned about some "delays" in this plan and
was advised to consider dial-up access.  Now I must figure out using
ssh over PPP over a dial-up connection.

I ordered a second POTS line today to support this effort.  It
should be in on 12/13.  I think I'll do PPP over a null modem
between local machines until the POTS line is installed.

I'll keep you posted on my progress and what I learn along the way
if you'd like me to.

Mike