[TriLUG] Upgrade to 7.2 (stupid question)

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Dec 4 19:36:40 EST 2001

Kevin Hunter asks:
> Is there a doc someone can point an inexperienced linux admin to on
> how to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2?  Is there a way to avoid resetting up
> the entire system up from scratch ( or is that still the recommended
> "upgrade" procedure ) ???

An inexperienced linux admin won't need doc.  I just went through this
today.  When you are asked what kind of system do you want to set up, you
pick "Upgrade" and it does everything for you.  One default you might
consider NOT taking is it gives you the option of upgrading your ext2
partitions to ext3 (journaled!) so you may want to consider NOT taking the
default in order to take advantage of ext3.  Other than that, it pretty much
upgraded itself.  This is MUCH better than the older Red Hat upgrades.