[TriLUG] A friend of mine shared this article with me--comments anyone??

Donald Ball balld at webslingerZ.com
Sat Dec 8 20:13:31 EST 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Brent Verner wrote:

>   While these articles /are/ useful, I do not feel it is appropriate to
> paste them directly into email messages; a brief description of the
> article and a link would be much prefered, IMO[1].
>
> [1] You are /potentially/ depriving the website from which you copy
>     the content of visitors.  Remember, these internet publishers
>     are /trying/ to make a living...
> [2] While you attribute the articles properly, there is no _guarantee_
>     to a recipient that you have not modified the copy.  Having said
>     that is in no way implicating that you do or have modified any
>     copy you've forwarded.

maybe i'm just irritable cos i'm working on a saturday night, but
personally, i get enough mass-media linux stories on the various news
sites. on this list, i like to hear the q+a and first hand experiences and
reviews by triluggers, but not forwards from other sources. but that may
be just me.

- donald